Tiger

Tiger

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Update

I apologize for the fact that I haven't posted in 12 days!!!! I also want to share a quick update.

Last time I posted was before Father's Day.  Here is what has been going on.

For Dad's Day, my family and I went out to eat for brunch, when not more than 10 minutes in, I became tachy (extremely fast heart rate) sweaty, and nauseous.  When our waitress was taking our drink orders, I blacked out.  My dad had to help me into the car and take me home before he was even able to order his food.  That was the first time I had gotten that sick out in public since my new diagnosis.  The next few days were even worse.  I somehow was able to get through my morning job and barely make the drive home before blacking out; this continued all week long.
The weekend rolled around and I was determined to make it to Michigan, and because I am an incredibly stubborn person, I pushed myself beyond my limits and my body did not respect me for that choice.  I was able to make it through the fundraiser with moderate nausea and some lightheadedness.  This week has been pretty hard due to lack of sleep and the flare I instigated; flares always throw my reality right in my face, "YOU ARE SICK. ha.ha.ha. and don't you forget it."

But, there is a light at the end of the tunnel of crappy doctors.  After an endless fight and long search, I have decided to return to one of my old GIs and return to his plan of action. I also am FINALLY leaving my horrid PCP for a new doctor. I have heard great things and am very hopeful that he can help me out a bit.  I saw my nutritionist today and have reverted back to a full liquid diet (which is actually fun with my new juicer) Next month I have my neuro follow up to discuss more aggressive treatments such as blood pressure medications and beta-blockers.

That's it for now friends! As always, I am always up for blog post suggestions.

Stay happy. Stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment